To commemorate the 15 years of diplomatic ties between the Kingdom of Bhutan and Australia, The Royal Government of Bhutan launched the Bhutan-Australian Friendship offer. The initiative aims to encourage Australian nationals to visit Bhutan in 2018 to further promote the relations between the two nations.
The Bhutan-Australian Friendship offer will be valid from June till August 2018. All Australian nationals visiting Bhutan during these months will not be subject to the mandatory all inclusive minimum daily tariff of USD 200 per person per night. Australians will only have to pay the sustainable development fee of USD 65 per person per night. All other travel arrangements such as hotel reservation, ground transportation and local guide services, travelers may choose to select the best deals offered by local tour operators as per their needs.
Aside from the waiver of the mandatory all inclusive minimum daily tariff, Australian nationals will also be offered:
- Waiver of USD 40 per person per night surcharge for solo traveler and USD 30 per person per night for 2 people
- Discounted airfares
- Up to 50% discount on all hotel reservations with partner hotels
Terms and Conditions Apply:
- Offer is valid from June till August 2018
- Offer is valid for Australian nationals only
- Travelers must book their tour through a local tour operator
- A one-time visa fee of USD 40 is applicable