As per the tourism regulation set by the Royal Government of Bhutan, Travelers must process their tourist visa through a certified local tour operator. Direct applications of tourist visa from travelers are not accepted by the Immigration. It is also mandatory for travelers to book their trip through a certified local tour operator.
What are Bhutan Visa requirement?
- A scanned copy of traveler’s passport with a minimum validity of six months
- Duly filled application form which will be assisted by the tour operator
How long does it take to process the Bhutan Tourist Visa?
It will take up to 7 working days to process the tourist visa. However the approval of the visa is contingent on the full payment of the tour.
How much is the Bhutan Tourist Visa processing fee?
Tourism Council of Bhutan levies USD 40 per person as visa processing fee. It is a one-time processing fee.
Visa Application Process
- Traveler gets in touch with a local tour operator
- Discuss and confirm their travel plan including hotel & flight reservation, itinerary confirmation
- Finalize and agree on the tour cost
- Traveler must wire the full amount of the tour cost and the visa processing fee to the tour operator and share a color scanned passport copy and filled in visa form
- Local tour operator will initiate the visa application process on behalf of the traveler after receiving the tour payment
- Tourism Council of Bhutan will verify the submission of the visa application against the payment received
- Upon successful transaction of the tour payment, TCB will endorse the tourist visa
- A copy of the tourist visa will be shared to the traveler.
What is Minimum Daily Tariff?
In order to achieve high value low impact sustainable tourism, the Royal Government of Bhutan regulates the daily spending of tourists while in Bhutan. The minimum daily tariff for the peak season (March, April, May & Sept, Oct, and Nov) is USD 250 per person per night and USD 200 per person per night for lean season (Dec, Jan, Feb & Jun, Jul and Aug)
The minimum daily tariff is an all-inclusive package. It includes:
- Sustainable Development Fee of USD 65 which goes towards infrastructure building, providing free health care and education in the country
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation
- 3 meals daily
- Certified tour guide
- Monument and attraction fees